Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is a safe new hair restoration program which is performed at DHI by specialized practitioners with no side effects. The PRP treatment takes place via intradermal insertions of plasma into the scalp; with the objective of stimulating the scalp to support new growth.
PRP is activated with DNA activators (thrombin) and enriched with calcium ions. It can be used as an individual treatment, or coupled with any hair restoration procedure.
How does PRP work?
- A small amount of blood (less than 50 ml) is obtained from the patient
- Platelet-Rich Plasma is isolated following the centrifugation of blood
- PRP is activated with DNA activators (thrombin) and enriched with calcium ions (e.g. calcium chloride)
- Activated PRP is injected into the area which is suffering from hair loss in order to stimulate hair growth
Ultimately, the process not only helps hair to regenerate, but the dermis and epidermis area of the donor heal faster.
Benefits when PRP is solely used:
PRP is a safe treatment with no contraindications. As one’s own blood is used during PRP session, thus, potential problems of rejection and allergies are practically eliminated. However, the down time is mimimal with no side effects and immediate results.
Benefits when PRP is used in hair transplant
- It accelerates and enhances the healing process
- It cut downs trauma, inflammation and erythema (redness)
- It reduces the formation of crust
- It lowers patients discomfort
- Moreover, scientists have observed acceleration in the growth and the revascularization of the follicles, while a noticeable increase in the size of follicies per unit